Saturday, January 8, 2011

Good Food and Excellent Entertainment

If you were just a passerby on the street, and happened to look through my front window last night, you might not have seen anything that struck you as out of the ordinary or worthy of a blog post. But, in my continuous quest to enjoy the ordinary, I'm finding that so many day-to-day events are showing themselves to be noteworthy...even extraordinary. So, last night, we had my sister, her family, my dad, and step-mom over for dinner. We had Chicken and Cashew Lettuce wraps (mmm....so good!)and Fried Rice. We had just enough room to get everyone around our table, the card table, and the kiddie table. The food was so good that there was not a single bite left for leftovers. After dinner we had coffee and watched two adorable little "ballerinas in training" as well as some scenes from Swan Lake (Because we're cultured like that).Just a normal evening, but so full of love and blessings and laughter. I'm so glad that I'm learning not to take these moments for granted or even to dread all the effort required to make them happen. These are the moments that I want my life and my children's lives to be made of.
Today, the day after this wonderfully ordinary evening, I am thankful for a hard-working husband that is fetching, hauling, chopping and stacking fire wood. I am thankful for a few hours of complete quite, peppermint tea, some one-on-one time with my 2 littles, a 1 year old who already says "tank you" whenever I hand him something, and cousins that love and play with my kiddos (dispite a 10 year age gap). So much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment